If you’re like me- your hair goes through “the motions.” Somedays I want to cut it, other days I want to grow it out like Pochauntas. Somedays it feels dry and others its GREASY!
Come’on hair- get your sh*t together.
Anyways, today I will be walking you through a DIY Scalp Detox + how it balanced my “hair pms” for those inbetween salon visit blues. 🙂
Why you should detox your scalp:
Detoxing your scalp has many added benefits!
- Promotes hair growth
- Removes product build up
- Adds shine + moisture to dull hair
- Helps with other scalp related issues such as dryness and dandruff
What you need:
- Coconut oil 2 tbsp of room temp coconut oil (liquid) Dry hair? Add another tablespoon
- Apple cider vinegar 1/4 cup
- Organic Raw Honey 1/4 cup
- Sugar granules (optional but great for extra exfoliation!)
- Depending on the length of your hair you can double the ingredients or add filtered water as an alternative.
Mix the ingredients together and work it through your hair focusing on your scalp. Gently massage your scalp in the process (exfoliates and stimulates hair growth) for a few minutes then let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Once your time is up go ahead and wash your hair as you normally would!
I would recommend doing this bi-weekly or monthly.
My hair feels amazing! It’s super clean, shiny and soft AND I love knowing that I got rid of any product build up.
What do you guys think? Have you tried this detox? Do you have other scalp detoxes that you have tried previously? Let me know!