I have been in a HUGE DIY phase lately & I love it. I started getting into DIY’s from my old college roomie Allie (who will hopefully be guest writing for The Telescope Daily sometime soon) 🙂
Anywho- If you are anything like me, you have tried SO many different ways to attempt to get whiter teeth. Some work well but they make my teeth unbearably sensitive every. damn. time. This provoked me to do some research to create my own DIY weekly teeth whitener.
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Baking Soda
- Organic Tumeric
- Note: you can also use activated charcoal instead of tumeric 🙂
- Small container
- In your jar, fill halfway with coconut oil
- if your coconut oil is solid-fill your sink (or a large bowl) with hot water and place your container into melt the coconut oil to create a liquid consistency
- Once melted, mix in 1 part tumeric and 1 part baking soda
- Your mixture will harden over the next hour or so.
For best use: brush your teeth 2-3 times a week for 2-5 minutes! Be sure to use a designated toothbrush.
This recipe is cheap, lasts a forever, doesn’t use harsh whitening agents and is easy to add into your nightly routine!
My DIY journey:
Allie would constantly be trying new holistic, natural, organic recipes and DIY’s which was, at the time, very new to me. I soon began to mimic her and attempted to change certain aspects of my lifestyle AND I have found certain things that I’m obsessed with *cough* coconut oil + essential oils *cough*
To this day she is still a role model for me- I seriously can’t wait for you guys to read some of her posts in the future! I’m personally hoping for a Kombucha recipe. nomnomnommmm.
What do you guys think? Are you going to try this recipe? Do you have DIY recipes that you swear by? Let us know- we would love to hear them! 🙂